Confused about processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xx Synyster xX

Beta member
Hi. I think i have an intel pentium 4 (which blows) but in system information, under processor it says - x86 family 15 model 1 stepping 2 Genuineintel - i have no idea what this means..... and i wanted to get a better processor and i was wondering whats the besty one money can buy. but specifically i was looking at the AMD Athlon 64 X2 and the Intel Core 2 Extreme. any help would be EXTREMELY APRECCIATED. thanks in advance ;)

its a pentium 4, download CPUID if you want to know exect info. personally i like intel, some amd's are nice too. but i think the intel core 2 duo extreme is untouchable if you have the cash, wish i did lol, go with that chip.

ok then ill probly get the intel cuz thats what i was leaning towards but now wont i have to get a new mother board and ****??? ill give a list of my exact specs and stuff and someone tell me if ill need to replace any of it to be compatable with this fricken CPU......

Mother Board - ASUS P4C800-E
Chip Set - Intel i875PE
CPU - Intel Pentium 4
Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce Ultra 6800
Hardrive - 160 GB
Operating System - Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1

I hope someone can help me :(

- You will need a new motherboard for sure
- You can look around for a motherboard that uses the same memory and video card you have to you wont have to buy those new
- Hard drive is fine/OS is fine.
- You power supply should be fine if it works for that set up

ok so im thinking about getting an Asus P5W DH 975X Mother Board and stickin wit my video card if possible. also i wanted to know how big the difference between the performanceo f the core 2 duo and the core 2 extreme was because i know the price ranges are completely diff but sometimes big companys charge like 12312243 dollars more for like a tiny upgrade so i was just wonderin thanks

i agree with CrazeD, "AMD all the way" i don't like intel anymore for gaming anyway, and for saying this i'm probably gonna get hammered about CONROE, but you want my personal opinion?

**** CONROE!!!

Intel is only good for the internet anyway, the last one i had couldn't run CS:S worth crap (a P4 3GHz), only intel (newer) i will take is if it is free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom