IadHide5.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtmpacygax

Banned
Hi,

I was going through CCleaner today and I noticed this file, IadHide5.dll, would not be removed by CCleaner. So I went to the folder where the file was at and tried to remove it like that but it just won't go away. Does anyone have any idea of how to get rid of this file? I just reinstalled Windows yesterday and today there is some messed up file that doesn't want to leave.

Thanks,
Ted

hmm... u might wanna research that, that doesnt sound to good. Could be a virus.

Usually when there is a file that cant be removed it seems to be a spyware program or virus. Normally its not a corrupted file, but since you just upgraded to xp, could be.

BTW: CCcleaner is like the best for removing files, i dont think many other files could do any better

It's probably being used. You can try booting into safe mode and get rid of it there. If that doesnÂ’t do it, you can boot with the XP CD or any other software and delete it from a command line.

ya when a file behaves like that command line is your best option and if that doesnt work begin scanning for viruses.

When I delete the file in safe mode it just ends up coming back. I am now scanning my hard drive for any viruses using F-Secure. Can someone tell me how to use command line to remove this file? I am guessing I put the Windows disk in, wait for it to load to the blue screen and select "repair". Then once I get to that part what am I supposed to type into the command line. Please respond soon because I don't want this file staying on my computer.

this file belongs to an adware called Backweb.it cannot be removed easyly. the only easy way i know is to format and reinstall system,or you can try to do that by yourself

Are you serious, I just reinstalled everything yesterday. There has to be some way to get rid of it. How do I delete it using the command line?

EDIT:

I just found something out. I uninstalled F-Secure and IadHide5.dll was gone. So it is obviously something to do with F-Secure, however in the past this never happened before. I will try and reinstall F-Secure and see what happens. If it is part of F-Secure can someone tell me how I can make it so CCleaner won't constantly try to delete it.

Yes it probably is part of F-Secure, CCleaner probably thinks its spyware because it acts and behaves like one but its use by legitimate application like F-Secure, Logitech Touch, Kodak Easy Share, and etc. Not quite sure, but could you add the file to the ignore list maybe? If you donÂ’t want it to be detected again.

Here are users comment about the file http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/iadhide5.dll.html

So you don't think I should be worried about anything happening to my computer right?

Also, I just moved the file from my Temp folder and put it in the F-Secure program folder. Do you think that will be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom