P4 normal vcore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplemoon

Beta member
hi,

i have recently upgraded from a 478 2.6 800FSB P4 to a 3.0. my CPU temperature has shot up to well into the 40s even though i have used artic silver 5 on it. Do the 3.0 run alot hotter than then 2.6 normally?

and my vcore is 1.2 and my diagnostics program seem to think this is too low, is it? im using the motherboads defult settings because i dont want to over clock the processer but i do want it running smoothly, can anyone advise

thanks

here is a screen dump of winbond

winbond.gif

if this helps answer my question and ive started noticing that the 5VSB fluctuates a lot and sometimes goes over the limit

any help would be appreciated

thanks

V1.38 is very normal... heck up to 1.5V you're safe not safe but very safe.

and if the default only needs 1.23v and it works good then thats great, the lower----the cooler![thermally that is]

-Jo.

thanks for the reply

so what is making it so low? could it be to do with my motherboad not being compatable with the CPU?

is it unsafe when it is that low then?

It just might be that the CPU doesn't need much power, therfor the motherboard only supplies to it whatever it demands..... heres a way to make sure:

google for SuperPI, download it, and run the 4MB test while looking at a program that monitors the CPU Vcore, you would probably see a significant change UPWARDS on the voltage because under load your cpu requires more power

Generaly though even if not, it just means you have a pretty power efficient cpu which is not a bad thing,nope theres nothing dangerous in running on low voltages, problem is that most cpus won't work so good on low voltages because they dont get enough power to operate, but if yours can operate just fine @ 1.2v then **** see if you can lower it more LOL.

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom