Problem with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its pretty much normal then?

I noticed it really goes on when I use CCleaner to clear out all the temp/cache files and then it seems to really go at it.

if it really just happens with games, that's it. Simple or not depending on how ya think. Games get annoying. Sure we want them to look sweet but they tend to make us buy really new hardware...lol

I believe the only real lagger is hard drives. They increased the capacity, reduced the price per gb...and THEN focused on transfer rates. What type of interface is your harddrive, any variant of SATA?

Depending on your game, if it uses compressed textures, they will often uncrompress via HD then pass it off to system/video card ram.

Some online games will store their visual elements into one huge file...good and bad. I believe games that do the 1 huge file thing is good for internet relay, but makes your system work at processing that data more.

It's like working textures via "old maid" or rolodex (huge contiguous data file is like rolodex). I prefer my system to work like old maid...they have enough memory and processing power to know where and what textures are needed, rather than having to flip through that rolodex to get what it needs. Sure the system might know the image is on the last page, but why make the hard drive work just to turn the pages? feh

:)

i Still think your pushing your video card too much. run the game on 640 x 480 maybe even 16 bit instead of 32 just for a test. since you noticed that it did decrease alittle when you droped down the settings then, drop them all they way and play the game that was doing it most. i know we all expect alot out of our video cards but todays games just dont let that happen with out dropping alot of cash.

i really dont belive its the hard drive, other wise it would happen more often then you desribe. the read and writes on a hard drive happen so quick and so much, that if there was a problem it would most likely happen almost none stop durning a game.

Guild wars on lowest settings possible is able to be ran without a single bit of lag on any system, my 7800GT should have NO problem on guild wars yet there is slight lag.

Also, when I switch Call of Juarez demo to Shader 2.0 instead of 3.0 it is based on I get far less of the spikes.

My HDD is a SATA 3gb/s with the connection supported on my motherboard (a8n-e)

Okay, Just tried it King, I have no doubt it is my Hard Drive, because even on Call of Juarez lowest resolution with EVERYTHING turned down low I was still getting slight lag spikes as I moved into new areas, I think it is my HDD just getting Cache built or giving it over to my Processor/RAM.

May buy a Raptor =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom