Computer CRASHING BIG PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCMakita4

Baseband Member
my comp keeps crashing on me all the time. Its been doing this foreevr and i cant seem to fix it. I dont have the money to buy a new comp at the moment or i would. I replaced the old 256 ram with 1gig which i spent about $50 on and it still doesnt work. I dont have virus's and i already replaced the power supply. i really need some help cause its really bad. i cant even get on for more than 15min without it shutting down or going to the blue screen.
AMD Athlon XP 2000+
1.67ghz
1.00gb ram
40gb hard drive/28gb free

also how do you look at to see what your computer temp. is?
And how do i know what my comps average temp should be?
thanks alot

please i need help... i dont know what to do!!
i am gonna completly rebuild my comp again for the thousandth time.... if u have any suggestion i am open

You can go into your Bios after its been on as long as it will stay on and look in your PC health and see what the temp is. Is should be around 40c or so could be a little higher but cooler is better. While in the Bios see if it is set to shut off at a certain temp and you can look and see a setting that says halt on all errors. And switch it to disable. To get into your Bios hit either Delete or f1 upon boot. You can also try to set your Bios to default setting.
It sounds almost like heat to me. Make sure the CPU is well seated and if you know how put some thermal paste on it.

cant get into bios. everytime i push either one of those buttons it just goes to the normal screen.

ok i got in
my CPU temp is 79C which i am guessing is bad
i didnt see anything about halt on all errors in any of the menus

79 celcius is really bad. Like someone stated, apply some thermal paste to all the hardware that needs it. Get some fans in there as well. Don't try the "halt on all errors" procedure, because if you do and you keep running that **** of a PC, you'll fry everything and you'll need to get a brand new computer.

It wont fry if you set the computer Bios to shut off at a certian temp. Like I ststed in my first post. It will shut down first. Its the first thing I do when i build a new computer. To be safe. And 79 Celcius is way to high.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom