Formatting Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
i formatted my computer and it is extremely slow at the login screen, i actually made a post of this a bit ago if anyone has last minute suggestions before i format again. before i formatted it used to begin playing the windows tune the and the desktop would show before the tune would end however now it takes about 10 seconds for the tune to start then once it does it doesnt show the desktop for about another 20 seconds im thinking of reformatting again but was wondering if there is any other way to format besides the windows xp cd where i boot off the cd because i dont have a floppy drive.

do you have NCQ drive and a nforce MB??

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...TEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1OQ1E*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Issues with NCQ SATA hard drives
Question

I am using a SATA hard drive with NCQ technology on an nForce motherboard and I am experiencing problems. How do I fix this?
Answer

Several issues have been reported with hard drives supporting NCQ, possibly including long boot times. These issues are typically resolved with a hard drive firmware upgrade. Please contact your hard drive manufacturer for details on how to obtain and install a hard drive firmware upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom