no improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfredw1

Baseband Member
i just added to my laptop another 512mb to the ram and now have 1gig total. my question is why havent i seen an improvement in performance? nothing is faster than it used to be.
is there something wrong with the memory? the computer recognizes the memory but theres no improvement. whats wrong?

Telling you from experience, Just upgrading the ram size doesn't make much of a difference.

What i heard upgrading ram does is that it lets you open up more programs at the same time. making it easier to multitask on your computer.

Don't take my word for it... i might be wrong.

I never noticed a big dif from 512 to 1 gig. In any comps I built.

Now from 128 to 512 big diff.

But im sure in some things its faster, just got to figure out which...

Supra's pretty much right. If you weren't using all of your RAM in the first place, adding more isn't going to do anything until you start using a lot more RAM.

Your page file really starts to kick in if you don't have so much RAM, and that's the real slowdown. But if you have more RAM, that pagefile won't kick in as much until you have a lot of memory resources being used.

it depends on what programs you use.
if you run programs that take up lots of RAM, then they will benefit from a RAM upgrade.

if you aren't running anything demanding (just running basic apps) then a RAM upgrade won't do much if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom