need help. no clue what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goblue14

In Runtime
all of this started a couple days ago. until last week, day of defeat source was running fine. but it started shutting off randomly. today, i downloaded red orcestra because its the free trial weekend. i started playing until it crashed to the desktop. i get a window saying.

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2211 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (9131)

IDirect3DVertexBuffer9::Lock failed(D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE).

History: FD3D9VertexStream::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetVertexStreams <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- RO-LyesKrovy.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level LyesKrovy: The “Bloody Forest”, Pskov, 28th July 1944 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

i have no clue what this means. please help. thanks in advance.

Definitely video related, seems like it's software to me. Reinstall Dirext X 9.0C and upgrade to the newest Nvidia drivers and see how that helps.

k, these are the newest drivers because i just build the computer 3 weeks ago. ill reinstall them and see what happens.

Since it just started a couple of days ago you could just do a system restore to before the problem began (if you want to take the easy way out). This generally eliminates any software problems.

overclocking seems like the last thing he should do, and whats the point on spending money on a problem thats driver related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom