quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

eko007

Solid State Member
I have just connected up my playstation 2 to my pc but when i press a button on the ps2 controller there is about a 5 second delay before anything happens on the screen, how can i sort this out?

cheers

Im gonna guess he's got a T.V card, and has connected his ps2 to it using the RCA adapters provided.
(thats how I've done it)

I think that the delay might be caused by slow graphics, check your card and consider getting a better card.
(when your ps2 graphics on a computer look poor without a good quality card)

can you advise me on a good graphics card? how much will i need to spend?

eko007 said:
can you advise me on a good graphics card? how much will i need to spend?

...Firstly, is that how you've connected it up, using a Video Capture PCI card?

Secondly, and most importantly, what are your system specs?

I wouldn't think that it would be your GPU causing the lag.

Alvin.C said:
...Firstly, is that how you've connected it up, using a Video Capture PCI card?

Secondly, and most importantly, what are your system specs?

I wouldn't think that it would be your GPU causing the lag.

Im not exactly sure what the socket is called where i have connected it but i will try and explain,

On the face of my pc at the bottom there is a flap that folds down, behind the flap is a yellow, white, and red socket (plus headphone socket etc). The playstation comes with a yellow, white and red cable which plug straight into these sockets,

here are my system specs,

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...4&tm=undefined&sku=001383&category_oid=-27743

If its not the GPU causing it could it be something to do with time it takes to send a command from the ps2 controller to the ps2 which then needs to send the command to the pc which then needs to send the message to the monitor, if so surely theres nothing I could do to sort this out

Hello,

...Your all system specs are more than adequate.

I see you have a Windows XP MCE PC. You've got video capture / video input on your system.

What program are you using to view the PS2 video?

It's not your PS2 (especially if it works fine when hooked up to a TV). It's most certainly something to do with your PC.

Your graphics card is fine. It's probably the program you're using to view the PS3 video input or your video capture device.

Are there any video input ports on the back of your PC? Not confusing the input with your graphics card video out, check for a yellow composite / RCA input, and plug your PS3 to it if you find one.

Alvin.C said:
Hello,

...Your all system specs are more than adequate.

I see you have a Windows XP MCE PC. You've got video capture / video input on your system.

What program are you using to view the PS2 video?

It's not your PS2 (especially if it works fine when hooked up to a TV). It's most certainly something to do with your PC.

Your graphics card is fine. It's probably the program you're using to view the PS3 video input or your video capture device.

Are there any video input ports on the back of your PC? Not confusing the input with your graphics card video out, check for a yellow composite / RCA input, and plug your PS3 to it if you find one.

I started off by connecting the yellow wire from ps2 to an adaptor which then plugged into a socket labelled video on the back of my pc but when i ran media center and tried to tune it in, the scan said it didnt find anything. Is this because i should use a different program to play it?

So i went and brought another adaptor which plugged into the s-v1 socket and this time media centre found it but the picture was black and white.

Then i found the yellow, white and red sockets at the front of my pc, so i plugged them in and the scan found it and it said composite video 1,

what is the video capture device? Should i be trying to run the ps2 through the media centre or is there another way of doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom