make my computer quieter? how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are four top rated coolers for the CPU, Zalman, Arctic Cooling, Thermal Take, and Tuniq. Check out their reviews and see how they compare. Some of them are REALLY quiet when they are on low. When you turn them on high, its a completely different story. They can get loud.. I would look for anything under 35 dBA. Also check out XBitLabs, they have a lot of cooler reviews.

i'm gonna get an SLI board (gigabyte), so i'm gonna ask, will the X850 be compatiable although the board is and SLI?

Yes the ATI works fine on Nvidia boards.(and visa versa)

Do you think you will buy Vista?

Because if you are it will be the only way to get DX-10. And you will need a DX-10 Video Card(not made yet)

If you arent gonna get Vista than if you are planning on going SLI get a 7600(gs or GT) Than later you can get another and have a SLI.

If you just want me to shut up(lol) and you are just gonna use 1 video card than get the X850.

markkleb said:
Yes the ATI works fine on Nvidia boards.(and visa versa)

Do you think you will buy Vista?

Because if you are it will be the only way to get DX-10. And you will need a DX-10 Video Card(not made yet)

If you arent gonna get Vista than if you are planning on going SLI get a 7600(gs or GT) Than later you can get another and have a SLI.

If you just want me to shut up(lol) and you are just gonna use 1 video card than get the X850.

Hey,

Must I correct you on one think Mark, Vista's DX10 will be backwards compatible with any mid-high end card of today, will just not work at its peak performance but will work JUST FINE, and anyway we are talking about 3 years or more before DX10 will kick in to the games market.

However, agreeing with mark, if you want mark to shut up, get the x850 and be happy you listend to him! hehe.

Its been proved and proved again, ATI Might take LONGER to put out new products on the shelfs than nvidia, but everytime they release a competitor to the latest Nvidia's card, it kicks its a$$ badley!

-Jo.

LOL, thanks for not flaming me to oblivion Yoad...

Yes the stuff of today will work. Can you imagine if all of the sudden none of our Videocards would work, we would all have to go outside and get excersize instead of playing games.

But the review I read said DX-10 was gonna be a BIG jump ahead of DX-9. And through software it will work with the current cards but not as good as if it was a DX-10 card.

Being old I tend to be cheap too. I have friends that are buying 7950 cards and I just dont get it. We all know DX-10 is gonna be here soon so why waste the money?

Thanks Yoad for agreeing with me too....lol, I love this forum.

OK now il shut-up...

markkleb said:
LOL, thanks for not flaming me to oblivion Yoad...

Yes the stuff of today will work. Can you imagine if all of the sudden none of our Videocards would work, we would all have to go outside and get excersize instead of playing games.

But the review I read said DX-10 was gonna be a BIG jump ahead of DX-9. And through software it will work with the current cards but not as good as if it was a DX-10 card.

Being old I tend to be cheap too. I have friends that are buying 7950 cards and I just dont get it. We all know DX-10 is gonna be here soon so why waste the money?

Thanks Yoad for agreeing with me too....lol, I love this forum.

OK now il shut-up...

Didn't flame just correct you mate. :bald:

The DX-10 has its own advantages yes, but as said it'll work with the normal cards of nowdays, just not at its peak performance [meaning dx10 games will have some sort of quality loss if you're using a non-native dx10 card].

Eldery equals to wisdom in some cultures! ;) and thats very true, but some can't wait for two-three more months [some like me, LOL]

And no problems your advice was very well, the x850 for pcie IS a very good card if your looking for cheap, quiet solution till the dx10 cards arrive!

OK now i'll shut up too :p .

-Jo.

no i don't plan on buying Vista, i have enough problems with XP, and i think i'm gonna go for SLI since i'm gonna wait for the second or third generation of DX10 cards so they can work out bugs

your case has front mesh, which you will always here some sort of noise from your internal fans, however it might not be that annoying, your hdd rails will vibrate when the harddrive seeks and writes, you can replace the stock gpu fan with a zalman vf700 (uh i think thats it) and your stock cooler with a zalman 9500, then you will probably notice your psu fans

my PSU came with my ild case, it's some 450watt, but it works, i've been looking at some of the HIPRO PSU's or an ANTEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom