Which Motherboard? PLEASE HELP FAST

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I'm building a PC for a friend and I need to order asap. Please help me choose between these Socket AM2 boards:

Gigabyte

ASUS

BIOSTAR

MSI

The reviews are pretty shaky for the NFORCE 500 series boards, so the GIGABYTE seems good, but will it be slower performance wise. I don't need onboard video, but firewire is a plus

Thanks in advance

Is there a performance difference between the nforce 500 series and 4 series? I didn't get that one because there aren't any reviews on it.

Nforce 500 has compatability with SLi [if you need it then don't go for that mobo, most of us don't want sli here though so this will work for me at least]

Other than that, Nforce 500 has LESS ide channels and more SATA channels, and last minor diffrence is that theres these two new technologies like linkboost which again is mainly usefull for SLi and some other new trick, oh yeah the dual gigabit lan which is not really used anyways for anything nowdays.. and i doubt it'll be all that usefull in the future either.

Reviews are easy to find, give me a couple of mins i'll hook you up with a couple if you haven't found any yet.

-Jo.

I ordered the Gigabyte one last night, not knowing about this one. I won't be overclocking very much, so will I notice any performance difference. Performance in audio encoding is mainly what I'm interested in. If the Gigabyte one is ok then I wont have to waste money returning it. Please let me know

well not much then really, dfi is just really good stable motherboard once you set it up and also very flexible for overclocking, but gigabyte also build their mobos on pretty high standarts [although abit lower than dfi, mainly because they build it to be durable and steady, not so overclockable]

in sound matters both are equal, for good sound definition get a good sound card, no onboard can compete with that.

-Jo.

You're very much welcomed,

May I ask what RAM do you intend to use on that motherboard though?

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom