Which would you reccomned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proximos

Baseband Member
I'm planning to buy an AMD X2 4400+ or 4600+. I can afford both, but i'm just wondering which one is better. Also, i'm wondering whether to get socket 939 or AMD2. Do you think there is a big difference if i get an AMD2? If so, which ram should i look for? (PC 4200, PC 5400, PC 6400, PC 8000?
Help is very much appreciated.

I have the amd X2 4400+ its works fine, but if you can afford the best use the best there is a diffrence between the 2

I can't afford the 4800+. Now i know there is a little difference between the 4400+ and 4600+ (processor speed and cache). And i'm also wondering if it's worth getting the AMD2.

Processor speed is not worth to invest money in, you can always overclock an x2 4200 to an x2 5000+ speed easly [perhaps even the x2 3800] BUT cache is worth investing money in.

However the difffrence between a 2*512k l2 cache [1mb] on the 3800/4200/4600/5000 models and 2*1024k l2 cache [2mb]the 4400/4800 models is minor, you might sense a little diffrence in the multi-taskability, but other than that you won't feel much diffrence, maybe a 1fps drop in games? lol, not even probably..

-Jo.

infiltrator7 said:
if you're starting from scratch and can afford an AM2 build then go for it.
I guess i could, however, which type of ram exactly should i use.

Proximos said:
What about the PC number? WHat is the difference. There are like 5 different ones and i don't know which one to choose.

Heres two models I know for fact that will work on most AM2 machines:

Mushkin XP2-6400 cas latencies 4 [s/n: 996523] <<Was tested by the DFI tech support and DFI-street members on most of the commonly used motherboards for AM2.

Corsair Twin2X2048-6400C4 <<Was verified by a couple of XtremeSystems members to work with most of the commonly used motherboards of AM2.

Hope this helps, both RAMs are not Value rams, they are high performance, overclockable rams that should be used for high end machines.

-Jo.

Yoad said:
Heres two models I know for fact that will work on most AM2 machines:

Mushkin XP2-6400 cas latencies 4 [s/n: 996523] <<Was tested by the DFI tech support and DFI-street members on most of the commonly used motherboards for AM2.

Corsair Twin2X2048-6400C4 <<Was verified by a couple of XtremeSystems members to work with most of the commonly used motherboards of AM2.

Hope this helps, both RAMs are not Value rams, they are high performance, overclockable rams that should be used for high end machines.

-Jo.

All right thanks, i'll have a look and see and hopefully you can tell me if it's good or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom