Buying a gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
asad1 said:
if you want a gaming machine use a PC
NOT A LAPTOP

whats wrong with some people?

who plays games on a blimmin laptop! Jesus

Just enough people to barely keep Alienware in business, lol.

All in all the Alienware m9700 is the best gaming laptop you can get. It has SLI, the option of RAID, and many other things you often wont find on some desktops. Yes it does not have a BLU-Ray Drive but whens the last time you were gaming and thought, WOW! I wish I had a BLU-Ray drive instead of 2 gigs of RAM. The Sony PSP suggested is not a gaming laptop. It is a s**t picker upper laptop.

So adroc use this link for the best gaming laptop out there
http://alienware.com/Configurator_P...ode=SKU-DEFAULT
and I hope you take our expert advice and get the M9700
dibs on it if you die

P.P. Mguire said:
PSP you have no idea do you? A Core Duo wont really help you much in games if its lagged behind by not enough ram, a slow HD and a 7600GT. That Alienware will eat your laptop for dinner, throw it up and have it for lunch the next day. Period. Also that Sony has Media Center edition which isnt that great for games either. IT works yes, but not the best. Also, why recomend a desktop when he SPECIFICALY asked for a GAMING LAPTOP. :rolleyes:
lol,k...

but anyways, if you want a good laptop get this
http://www.dell.com/content/product...0?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~section=specs#tabtop
AND DONT SA ITS NOT GOOD....
it has a x1800 (dont know why they make a weird series just for laptops.... jsut make it X1900GO lol)
up to four gigs
dvd burner
you ccan get two hard drives

and
P.P. Mguire
did you read ^^^^^
i can play oblivion almost maxed out with a x1600pro
512 mb ram p4 530J
200GB sata wd hdd
so that can certanly handle games... i know someone that got that laptop and he can play FEAR maxed out njo problem

that thing ways like 20 pounds and it doesnt have SLI or RAID and it is more of a portable piece of S**t desktop

PSP why do u hate alienware so much

StylinGolfShoes said:
that thing ways like 20 pounds and it doesnt have SLI or RAID and it is more of a portable piece of S**t desktop

PSP why do u hate alienware so much
lol i dont hate alienware im jsut stating my point
i hate dell but i still think thats a good laptop...

why a laptop

first thanks for all the posts. i didnt expect that many. and the reason i want a laptop is because i am always gone and really never home. right now i am in canada and next month i will be in Arizona. I always have a super fast connection but need a laptop to keep me happy while i am out there.

what about widow, northwest, and voodoo?

thanks again
-adroc

alienware is the best
voodoo is good but theres are 4300.00 up for any worth gaming on and that is not tricked out

the alienware m9700 is the best under 4000
heres how u should configure it

Processor:AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile ML44 2.4GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache

OS:Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 with Service Pack 2 With Media Center Remote Control and Single NTSC Tuner

Display: 17" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD with Clearview Technology

Motherboard:Alienware® NVIDIA® Mobile SLi Chipset

RAM:2GB Dual Channel DDR SO-DIMM at 400MHz - 2 x 1024MB

Hard Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) 200GB (100GB x 2) Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ NCQ & 8MB Cache

Optical Drive: 8X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW / 24X CD-RW Combo w/Software

Video/ Graphics Card: Dual 256MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS - SLI Enabled

Sound Card: High-Definition Audio with surround sound

Wireless Network Card: Internal 802.11b/g WiFi Card w/ Airgo MIMO Technology

Communications: Integrated 10/1000Mb Gigabit Ethernet & 56K V.92 Modem

Mouse: Razer Copperhead™ High Precision Gaming Mouse

and everything else get what they selected except get the extra battery

Price: 3,814.00 that thing could kick most desktops a**es

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom