Not open for further replies.
does it loks like the next sample? if it does let me knhow the error number
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart
your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

o
+ STOP: 0x0000004E (0x00000099, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further
assistance.

But ya I think that the one though. I was staring at the screen for a while ova and ova just to see wat it said. It moves so fast I dont really see wat I says. So Im goin to bed now And Ill check back tomorrow on wat U hav to say about the problem!!! So Thanx for all ur help!!!

okay, what you need to do is right click my computer, goto properties, click advanced, click settings button on startup/recovery and then remove check box from the system failure check box. .. that WONT stop the errors but should freeze your computer up when the error occurs so we can get the BSOD error... also, if you cntrl alt del when that occurs, see if you can generate another error, or press a key to continue... you make get an error window... if you do click details and it'll say such and such caused a page fault of some sort in module.. blah blah blah... then we can go on from there ;)

Of course I assume you have XP since you're speaking of restore points. Oh, and just to let you know that the worm may show 95, 98, 2k and NT... however, XP is pretty much based off of the nt kernal AND uses the protected file system like NT does... if worse comes to worse just run a fix with the XP disk... unless we can generate what function is calling to the dynamic link library and try to extract the needed cab file. however, if the routine that is associated with that dll is corrupt, may be harder depending on if its a crucial file. If you suspect a corrupt system file you can try SFC. Many think its gone with XP, but it's still there. Try everything else first, because XP SHOULD do this by itself, but in case the above doesn't work goto start/run and type in the run line "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes, of course!) ;) Have the xp disk handy. Do it in safe mode if need be. Just press F8 on boot every second right after the "beep" and should be able to choose safe mode.

Let me know of ANY errors that pop up, there are ways around the SFC errors, or at least most. Time to go home and sleep. Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom