Hitachi Laptop Harddrive Data Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

truetide

Beta member
I need to recover some data from an Hitachi Travelstar laptop harddrive that crashed. It's a model HTS548040M9AT00, with P/N #08K0856. I bought an R-Driver brand "USB 2.0 to IDE Cable" adapter to do this (see attachement). I removed the drive from the laptop and connected the adapter to it and the electrical power. I can hear the disk spinning. However, the computer doesn't indicate it has recognized the harddrive; i.e nothing happens. When I go to the file manager (Windows XP), it doesn't show it's connected. Any ideas on how to get this going? Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• usb_ide_cable_connect2_420.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 20
at first get in the bios of the pc and see if the hard disk is recognized. if is ok, then see if is recognized by windows. if not, check if windows show the drive in the device manager. r-click (on my computer) ->properties -> hardware-> device manager. (under disk drives). if this is ok, the problem is that the drive doesn't have a partition. this is the reason why you don't see it in my computer. if is not recognised even in bios or device manager, then you have a serious problem with the drive... electronic problem, or something burned...
reply again for any news.. good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom