Air flow set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 80mm front intake blowing across my HD's
1 - 120mm side panel out
1 - 80mm blowhole out next to psu
1 - 80mm out blowing across my radiator

thinking about putting a 80mm intake under my radiator (back of the case) to push air across my 7900GT and have cool air for my radiator

My rig
1x120mm in
4x120mm out

^^
2 inside the case blowing out
2 on the rad blowing back

Then my bro's rig/my backup

2x80mm in front
1xTurbine style fan on top 80cfm
1x side 80mm fan in
1x rear 120mm fan
1x 120mm fan in psu
1x 120cfm squirrel cage fan in hdd ack
80mm pci card mounted fan

ewww...

Get a good case

i.e. shy away from companies like thermaltake and aspire

Look into Lian Li, Gigabyte, Cooler Master

The P180 case made by Antec is really nice, though it is more like the size of a full-tower. The 4-pin ATX cord must be about 24" if you want a clean installation; surgery can solve that.

Intake:
120MM - Front (in front of HDD Bay)
120MM - Mid-Chassis mount (lower PSU Chamber)
80MM - Rear VGA AirBox (80x15)

Exhaust:
120mm Rear
120mm Blowhole

All fans are on contollers to keep the sound levels down. I use headphones when I am gaming so when I crank the fans up I don;t notice them.

aspire.comptech said:
ewww...

Get a good case

i.e. shy away from companies like thermaltake and aspire

Look into Lian Li, Gigabyte, Cooler Master

Hey hey...thermaltake is a good company. I've owned one of their cases and this mofo is a sturdy one. A lil heavy but thats wut i get for buying a steel case.

I got

2x120mm Intakes one on top (Reverse Blowhole cause temps are higher with an Outtake on top. I push hot air down into submission with 95CFM of power.) of case and the other in front-bottom
1x120mm Outtake at the back of the case.
1x120mm PSU Outake fan
1x80mm VGA cooler
1x92mm CPU cooler

Think I got it all covered.

I have only seen problems using thermltake cases, things like broken doors, latches, too much plastic...

Ive seen em and i didnt like em. I love the gigabyte case i have, its amazing

thermaltake is good, but i had one's top front pannel connector thingy break on a tsunami, but the armor jr. is a really nice case

Intake:
4x80mm (2 side, 1 top, 1 front)

Exhaust:
2x80mm (1 rear, 1 psu)

Hmmmm. Well check out the SViking case by thermaltake. This thing is TOUGH! I've Drilled about 50+ times into the case, Use a hole saw and rattled the **** out of it, rattled it some more using a metal file, hit front door with a rubber mallet, dropped 11 times (I count these things) and many many more horrible things...like spilling sulfuric acid on it and its still standing...pretty dang sturdy if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom