Windows media centre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffries700

Baseband Member
Hello, i have the live tv thing on media centre. when i schedule a recording it always comes up with that there is no signal about 1 minute before the tv program starts! but there is as when i click on live tv it comes straigt onto the tv program!
why is it doing this! please help!
thanks
jack

Hi jeffries700,

It sounds like you have a TV capture card not a TV tuner card.
I believe TV capture cards only allow TV to be played onto your PC but not recorded. To record you either need a TV tuner card or third party software to record the TV signal.

I'm not 100% sure on this so I recommend a second opinion.

Good Luck

jefferies:

i have a media center laptop and I have this issue every so often as well. I havent done extensive research on it, but i assume it might be because of the amount of times im splitting the line before it reaches my tuner. for some channels/recodrinds ill get a distorted line at the very top; just a slight annoyance.

how many splitters are on yoru cable line?

flash: you do not have to leave the live tv on to record. meida center runs its own service in the background. you also do not have to leave it on the same channel, media center should change it automatically....like tivo or any other dvr

it might be a card issue. i've had an nvidia nvtv and an ati 550 theater pro with mce with no problem

R.E

I had to buy a new card from pc world as i only had a terrestial one in my computer. i bought a wintv digital terrestrial card! as someone said earlier i have another 3 coaxial cables going into other rooms around my house excluding mine. is that why it does'nt do it?
thanks
jack

Re: R.E

jeffries700 said:
I had to buy a new card from pc world as i only had a terrestial one in my computer. i bought a wintv digital terrestrial card! as someone said earlier i have another 3 coaxial cables going into other rooms around my house excluding mine. is that why it does'nt do it?
thanks
jack

I have a million cable wires ran (I like to rearrange my rooms a lot) and I don't have this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom