AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Toledo still a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, if you already have a good socket 939 setup then ya it would still be a good upgrade. if you're starting out from scratch, its better to stick to socket AM2

I am not starting from scratch, I have a DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D mobo and everything else in my sig (which I need to update but it gives you a good idea of my setup).

Does that even work with this processor? I know very little about dual core.

Also how does this compare to opterons? Do you guys think I would be happy with this one since I am an OCing gamer who also does some video stuff and definate graphic editing with Photoshop?

Thanx for the input.

as far as i know, amd hasn't cut the prices on their opteron line, so the X2 is your best bet. the 4800+ is compatible with your mobo, you may need a bios update though.. (but i doubt it..). as for OC'ability, it doesn't really matter since the 4800+ is already pretty fast... if you can squeese 200mhz from each core you've got yourself an FX60, which isn't bad ;)

Dude the 4800+ PwNz0rS!! No seriously its awesome as heck. I have great cooling and i have no reason to OC it at all. If you buy you will be VERY happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom