video driver problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlittlebear

Baseband Member
Fresh install will not take nvidia 93.31 drivers.

OS XP SP2 x64
RAM corsair XMS DDR400 2gb
HDD Seagate 300gb sata2 16mb
SND card X-Fi soundblaster
CPU AMD x2 4200
motherboard A8N32-SLI
Video XFX 6800XT (x2)

I have been having this problem for a while now, at wits end trying to figure this out. I have installed, then installed the MB drivers first, then did a fresh install and then the video drivers first. Each time after the video drivers, when windows trys to come back up it just resets the computer. I have gone as far to take out one of the video cards to see if that would help also.

it will work fine I guess, have not made it much further than the reinstall and then drivers.

I have reseated everything, ram, both video cards, snd card.

the drivers are obviously having some conflict with some peace of hardware in your computer i would suggest just going back to the old drivers if its causing that much issue.

hmmm... idk much about dual core and sli ill see if someone else can help u out.. but did u try each video card indiviually?

you can also format and see if that works but thats a major waste of time just for some drivers

I have tried just taking out one video card, but have not tried the otherone as the primary. I will try that when I get home.

I reinstalled this morning though, used all the default drivers that came one CD with the mainboard/sound card, and still had the reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom