Tell me what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
k heres the updated parts list

Motherboard

Processor

CPU Cooler

Case Fan

i may go cheap on the ram, but notice, the mobo has 4 ddr sdram slots, and im only taking 2, so im gonna upgrade when i need it, say i get a game that runs too slow, thats when i upgrade, but if i dont need it, then i aint gonna get it

Ram(at least its good ram)

also like i said above, i got 2 harddrives, they aint the best, but they work for my needs, they may be ata, but dosent really matter for me. the mobo supports sata, but same thing with the ram: when i run out of room on the hd's, ill upgrade to this:

Hard Drive

now, is this setup good?

EDIT: mostly im gonna be playing halo(origional) and ....wait dont jump all over me for this, but i might...MIGHT.... upgrade to vista, only for halo 2 tho, but even then still that be the only reason i use vista, rather use xp(use vista as a secondary boot, just for halo) and from what i heard, sp3 is sposed to be coming out in the near future, but i aint that sure about that one, but still i rather stick to xp

Im not trying to be a jerk but that is probably the worst set up I have ever seen. You need to change everything on your list. Well the hard drive is ok I have one of those but this one is better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148140

The AMD 3500 is a good processor but why get that when you could take advantage of their new price cuts. You can get a fast dual core cpu for like $150. Check it out here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103562

Do some research to find out more about computers and what parts are new and good. Sorry if this gets you down but somone had to say it. Well good luck.

beleive me, if i had the dough, i would, but im limited to 275 including shipping, and everything comes to 245.something...but if u got ne sugestions, post em, but gotta remember total cost including shipping is 275, and if yall wanna check on newegg to see what total cost is including shipping is to my location, all i got to say is my zip code is 92345.

edit: just a question, on a 24 pin mobo power connector, can u use a 20 pin, or do you have to use a 20 to 24 pin adapter, or what is an advantage of getting a power supply with 24 pins, except that u cant use it on a 20 pin mobo?

bmxfreakrider said:
k heres the updated parts list

Motherboard

Processor

CPU Cooler

Case Fan

i may go cheap on the ram, but notice, the mobo has 4 ddr sdram slots, and im only taking 2, so im gonna upgrade when i need it, say i get a game that runs too slow, thats when i upgrade, but if i dont need it, then i aint gonna get it

Ram(at least its good ram)

also like i said above, i got 2 harddrives, they aint the best, but they work for my needs, they may be ata, but dosent really matter for me. the mobo supports sata, but same thing with the ram: when i run out of room on the hd's, ill upgrade to this:

Hard Drive

now, is this setup good?

EDIT: mostly im gonna be playing halo(origional) and ....wait dont jump all over me for this, but i might...MIGHT.... upgrade to vista, only for halo 2 tho, but even then still that be the only reason i use vista, rather use xp(use vista as a secondary boot, just for halo) and from what i heard, sp3 is sposed to be coming out in the near future, but i aint that sure about that one, but still i rather stick to xp
Truthfully, i think you are making a big mistake on the ram. If you are getting 512mb ram, you should just get 512mbs and not 2x256. Because if you do that, it only leaves you with 2 open slots after. The best is obivously 1 gig per slot which equals 4. But you should put at least 512mbs in each slot so by the end you'd have 2 gigs.

huh, before i was plannig on getting the 2 256's and then after that either 2 512's or 2 1gigs, but seriously i dont realy need that much ram, i mean how much does windows support? yea i no more ram = faster system, but i wasnt planning on maxin the mobo, i was gonna probably go with either 1 gig total(4*256) or 1.5 gigs(2*256, 2*512), heck even 2.5(2*256, 2*1024), but thats where it starts getting pricy, plus i dont want to get missmatched ram, and i would go with one 512, but i would sacrifice the ddr, until i get another one, or a pair...but then again what is the difference in speed between ddr, and non-ddr? i know ddr is faster, but what would i sacrafice if i didnt go with ddr?

I think you should wait untill you get more money so you can build a semi decent rig. What you are planning to build is a waste of money.

its not for intense things tho, just something that can do internet and not freeze, play halo, watch dvd's, edit photos, edit movies(not that much tho), and microsoft word. i dont mean to sound angry or anythng, but i had a pentum 3 133mhz fsb, 1ghz processor, 256mb ram, both those harddrives, the 450 watt ps and a geforce 6200 le, and it did all of those no problem, it aint realy a big upgrade, just something that can substitute my old one for cheap, and can get me on the internet without having to wait 5 min after double clicking till i fianally see a response of any kind. but yea, i aint really intrested in preformance that can blow away any game, just enough to do what i want to and maybe 5% more so i dont gotta wait, i mean, **** if i aint gonna use it, why pay for it? i could make a system on here for abou 150, but it wouldnt be any good, or i could go all out and pay $5000 for one but i dont see the point, i aint a hardcore gamer, i barley use the thing more than 3 hours a day, but when i do use it, all it does is **** me off. okay now that i got that out, i didnt see anything wrong with the origional setup, besides the ram, and the new setup may have a cheaper processor, but the mobo's are almost the same, but the 939 has a higher fsb, but besides that what are the main differences between a 754 and 939?

now see, that would work, but i dont really like intels...rather have an amd, and plus i may be in socal, but im in the middle of nowhee, and the closest fry's is like 150 mi away in sandiego, but then again, it aint that bad of a setup, but i rather stick with amd, i like them better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom