new here, tell me what ya think

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
plz :)

So I placed an order for the much sought after conroe, an e6600...and of course it ends up being back ordered. I don't know how long that will take. Do you guys have any clue?

Bought pieces from various places, newegg, tigerdirect, etc:

I have a question after you take a look at the main components

bought the mb as a combo with the cpu :p
Intel D975XBXLKR Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard

ATI Radeon X1800 XT 512MB

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400)
Seagate Barracuda 7200 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
SAMSUNG 16X DVD±R DVD Burner With 5X DVD-RAM Write and LightScribe Black ATA/ATAPI

And a case with a 400W psu

Now I only listed these items for the question to ask, and that is:

Do you think the 400W psu with these "modest" support components, and the NON power hog Conroe e6600 along with the X1800 is sufficient?

I'm thinking it is. If I had an energy inefficient cpu and more drives it woudn't, correct? Other random things I don't think effect the psu is a couple fans, a card reader, and of course the cpu fan/heatsink.

Thanks

PS, I used that online psu calc link...but it's not really up to date. I'm thinking it's fine though :D

ok

got my ram and my case ;p...ugh the wait is going to kill me...

I haven't mentioned my case because it was "new" at newegg. I don't like tacky looks so I chose it. Once I get all the parts in (maybe not waiting for my psu!) I'll tell ya what it is.

Design wise though, I'd say this is the best for your money. Only a 400 watt psu but I don't overclock, so shouldn't be an issue. But then again the video card might be a vampire right?

I might have to order 2 more fans (and that's just for "aesthetic" design)

we'll see...:D

they need to make the next gen dx10 video cards like conroe...power based on the tech of the chip and not how much juice it'll suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom