Help ASAP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeater89

Baseband Member
I have a Pentium4 Northwood 2.0Ghz and an MSI mobo.

When the computer is booting up, a message appears that reads Missing Operating System and then the PC wont do another thing.

PLease help, and sorry if this was not to be posted here, but i dont know if this is a virus or a pc malfunction.

Ensure that your hard drive is connected. If it is, hook it up to another computer and see if you can get it to boot (if it starts up some and then BSODs, that's OK.). If not, you may have to reformat and reinstall, and if it should happen again, then your HD may well be bad.

EDIT: Well, what do you know...3000th post...certainly took long enough...

thanks and congrats for your 3000th post! I will try that on a friend pc.
BTW, do you think temperature may be a cause for this?, because it was like 50C inside my tower.

If your hard drive was too hot, it might have messed it up.

Is there anything you did that could have led to this problem (overclocking, messing around in the bios, etc.)?

But yeah, check the hard drive by putting it in another PC

Oh ****, my tower temperature was 50C without overclocking. I was just telling my brother yesterday that that temperature could mess up sth. Otherwise than that i havent done overclocking and have not been messing with the BIOS.

Anyway, i will try it on another pc.

If is of some use, my HD is a Samsung SP4......

i think its hightly unlikely that the heat cuzed your hard drive to do that, try and windows repair installation assuuming its xp

Sorry if i didnt reply earlier, but i couldnt earlier.
I had a technician to come to my house and he said that it definetily was the HD.

Ill tell you if anything new happens.

Thanks all for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom