Tell me what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty good with pc's but my last one was being a little peice of...well u get the idea, and the processor fried(never overclocked, but i think the bios update had something to do with it), so now im on a 333mhz compaq and its getting on my nervs, its way tooooooo slow so im upgrading everything but the case and the ps(i love my ps, its a 450watt athena, and the case is a 2001 hp pavilion 7940, and i like the way it looks, and why buy a new case if i already got one? :) )

Well here it goes(i aint heard of the mobo till now, but it sounds pretty good)

Motherboard

Processor

Ram

Heatsink/Fan

Case Fan

o and a note, this pc is next to my bed, so its gotta be quiet...
Heres the stuff i already got minus the case

Power Supply

80 gb hdd

40 gb hdd

to tell u the truth its a pretty terrible setup
personally I would get a new hard drive(SATA)
and a seperate graphics card

why are you going with that socket????? at least a 939, preferably a AM2

and you cant say your on a budget because socket 939 isnt much different in price.

like i said tell me what you think...ill see wat they got for 939

Motherboard

Processor

and also those harddrives are the ones i already have, ill get new ones later, and i got a BFG GeForce 6200 LE thats being rma'ed as i type, ittl be here on thursday

EDIT: that aint crap compared to my old one...the mobo was a trigem cognac, 133 mhz fsb, 256mb ram(not ddr) 1.0 ghz p3 socket 370, 3 pci, no raid, 1 usb 1.1, ata 100, and the onboard audio was bad(thats how i got it) then the processor blew after i did the bios update(wish i didnt, i miss that peice of cr....) tho it did have one pci xpress 16, but that fried my card, so i had to rma the card and after i sent the card, the processor blew, so realy nething is better than that or what im using now. what im using now is a 98 compaq deskpro sp/sb series 100 mhz fsb, 333mhz p2, 192 mb ram, ata 66( i think) no usb, old *** keyboard, agp 1x, 2 pci slots, and 4 isa slots(o yea the processor is a slot 1)

bmxfreakrider said:
like i said tell me what you think...ill see wat they got for 939

Motherboard

Processor

What are you planning to use the computer for? Just asking so i know what processor you should look for. And also, the second processor you showed is better and cheaper than the first one lol. Don't go for anything less than an AMD 64 3500+. That's a pretty decent processor in my opinion.

bmxfreakrider said:
yea i used to be a big intel fan, until i discovered amd is a **** of a lot better, and im just gonna use it for light gaming, little bit of photo/video editing, and watch dvd's every now and then

If you are using it for light gaming and mostly for DVD's and video/photo editing, i think you should do just fine with the 3500+. However, if you are willing to spend an extra hundred bucks i believe, you could get the 4000+.

I have some budget gamer PC parts for sale if you are interested. A good video card, a good motherboard, and a good processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom