Windows Installer at Startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

triskit

In Runtime
Whenever i start my computer windows installer pops up saying "preparing to install" then Norton says that it "does not support the repair feature, please uninstall and reinstall" its been doing this since i tried to set up a home network (which i ended up not doing) Its been doing this for three days. Norton works fine, Windows works fine... its just annoying. Is there a way for m to figure out what its trying to install, or just get it to go away regardless??

Ill post this in the netowrking forum as well... im pretty sure its related to that somehow

start, run, type msconfig, press ok, go to the startup tab, disable everything except your antivirus and reboot.

It's a Norton Fault (that produces the "Does not support the repair feature)

a patch will be issued soon!

Quote from Internet News Site says:

"Users of Symantec Norton Antivirus 2006, or any product that contains Norton Antivirus 2006, such as Norton Internet Security 2006, or Systemworks 2006, may have experienced difficulties due to an faulty update sent via Norton LiveUpdate over the weekend.

Users reported getting on screen messages stating that "Norton AntiVirus 2006 does not support the repair feature,"

"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom