help in my first PC build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see why not, However I have never purchased a mobo able to run DDR2 so I would double check with some of the Intel/DDR2 guys around here.

JoshSB said:
RAM? Of course it is, corsair valueselect is still very good RAM, just will not get very far overclocking it, that is the only difference between valueselect and pricey RAM, overclockablity.

If you mean my Hard Drive, yes it is very good, very happy with it and very fast.

Oh yes, and I would suggest waiting till your new parts are at least older till you try overclocking, nothing like burning a brand new piece of equipment that will take awhile to RMA and has a chance of voiding the warranty (however people say it leaves no phiscal trace, OCing, I myself cannot attest to that though).

oh really?! so overclockability is the only reason behind the price differences of pricey rams. haha.. im not into OCing so i think ill get the corsair valueselect..

thanks..

As far as I know pricey RAM has better coolers on it, and can withstand higher voltage, eg: OCing.

but with that motherboard that i recommended and you have picked out up there, you should really get ddr2 800 ram..

massacreinfallx said:
but with that motherboard that i recommended and you have picked out up there, you should really get ddr2 800 ram..

forgive me for being so ignorant about techie stuffs.. :D but what do you mean by ddr2 800 ram? do u mean the speed? eg. DDR2 533 (PC2 4200)?

oh yeah.. so i should get 24-pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)? if that's the case, it would really be pricey... i could never get 2 x 1gig with my budget... but still, 2 x 512mb is goor right?

here are the rams that i managed to pick at newegg:

pqi TURBO 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model PQI26400-2GDB - Retail $189

OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ28002048ELDCGE-K - Retail $199

OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ2G8002GK - Retail $199

are these 2x1gig rams better than 2x512mb corsair? (coz i cant afford 2x1gig corsair)

yeah go with the 2 gig, your going to need it in the future so itsa good idea to get it if you can afford it. not to mention it will make everything go that much smoother and faster to begin with. but anyways...

I personally bought the pqi turbo 2GB ram sticks and theyre fantastic. i love them. but if you like the looks and the timings off the ocz gold more then go for it. theyre both great sets.

massacreinfallx said:
yeah go with the 2 gig, your going to need it in the future so itsa good idea to get it if you can afford it. not to mention it will make everything go that much smoother and faster to begin with. but anyways...

I personally bought the pqi turbo 2GB ram sticks and theyre fantastic. i love them. but if you like the looks and the timings off the ocz gold more then go for it. theyre both great sets.

hmm.. i dont know anything about timings and stuffs so it doesnt matter. :D at least choosing between pqi and ocz would not be difficult anymore coz you already said that they're great.. :D

now, im only left with choosing the right gfx card for me.. could you suggest any medium gfx card out there? is this card any good?

anyway, thanks for the help.. :D really appreciate it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom