computer retailers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would always go Desktop for the games and laptop for the mobility, like for college I need to get a laptop for the notes and such, desktop is for everything else.

yah I need to take notes and am always on the move so I would like to take my programming work with me.

Programming does not take a good video card so far as I know, only a good processor and a nice chunk of RAM, however I could be incorrect on this.

I suggest HP, they generally have good quality and you can get one of their Pavilions will the following info on it for a nice price:

HP Pavilion dv5000t customizable Notebook PC
EX203AV

* – FREE Upgrade to Genuine Windows XP Media Center
* – Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processor T2050 (1.60 GHz)
* – FREE Upgrade to 15.4" WXGA BrightView Widescreen!
* – 128MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7400
* – FREE Upgrade to 1.0GB DDR2 SDRAM (2x512MB)!!
* – 80 GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
* – FREE Upgrade: 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support
* – Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network w/Bluetooth
* – No TV Tuner w/remote control
* – 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
* – Microsoft(R) Works/Money
* – Genuine Windows XP Media Center Edition Backup CD
* – HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

total price is $1008.99 with a 50 dollar mail in rebate, this laptop seems perfect for college (for me at least) since it has a decent video card that can actually play some games, good RAM, killer CPU, and is not to pricey, but I may wait a month for the C2D mobile to come out and drop the price more.

I may drop it to XP Home so I do not have to monkey with the Media Center crap.

theres nothing wrong with a dell, i have owned my dell dimension 4600 for about 5-6 years and its worked great. My dad also owns a dell laptop, one of the higher model ones, and no problems with it yet either. It might be the dell laptop xps systems that have alot of power in a tight space creating too much heat and making them explode, but you can't say all dells are bad.

I'm really not a big fan of Dells either. Both Dells in my house are virtually dead. Our school got brand new Dells last year and my HP blows those away for the same price.

To the original post, whatever you do, dont settle for anything that seems really cheap. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Dude DELL ARE USELESS AT EVERYTHING.

THE TIME TO BUY A GOOD DELL WAS 10 YEARS AGO.

UR A BIT LATE MATE!!

ok im back. The reason I want a laptop is because I play most of these games online with my friends. But since I live in the middle of nowhere (upstate ny) I can't get DSL, and im stuck with my 24k modem. I bring my laptop to people's houses and play with them there if they have a home network. And I do lan parties :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom