2000 Server hangs up at shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrymnvette

In Runtime
Every time I shutdown/restart a Windows 2000 Server it hangs. It will stop most of the services, but hang on something. We can still access the server to use it's database, but terminal services and such are already down so we can't remote desktop. Any way I can find out what is causing the hang up? I've checked the event logs and nothing jumps out. I've looked at the BIOS and all the stuff and everything is up to date. Could it be a driver? Should I just go to device manager and update every driver one by one?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Andy

Well, that could be. It's connected to all the other servers. I don't know how to tell if it's stopping those connections or not when it's shutting down. That could be what's causing the hangup. But, I don't know how to find out.

It will hang forever. I let it go for 6 days a little while ago. The only reason I found out it didn't shut down was b/c I couldn't remotely log in.

This server is our main server. It hosts our Dist sofware that 50 people are logged into all day. I can't take it down during the day w/o getting cussed out. It is a DC in conjunction with another server. I have to have both of them up for the network to work.

Sorry, if I'm not to clear. I'm new to this and learning as I go on some of this.

Thanks,
Andy

It sounds like it's not dropping connections properly. You may need to manually disconnect all sessions and then try to shut it down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom