Not open for further replies.

AbitMOFO

Beta member
2.4 P4
80G Seagate SATA
Geforce 5200
Abit IS-7
XP Pro

Ok, my dad recently attempted to install the Apple iPod software on my newly built comp the other day. After prompting him to reboot, he did so and doing so cause my comp to freeze in post. I restarted it and was brought to a screen saying my hardware or software config has changed, asking me to boot into safe mode. After doing so my screen became real pixelated, and it would flicker for a minute or so then stop sending any signal. The day after this, my brother tried to use my comp and just pulled the plug on it instead of shutting down. Now it loops over and over through post. It's almost certain Windows is corrupted but how did it get to this? WTF? What is wrong and would the software have caused this? Help is much appreciated and will be rewarded with dinner. Thanks

If nothing is happening and it seems to loop into continuous POST, I would say rebuild. I would also suggest that you keep the administrative rights to yourself. Do the installs yourself and make sure everyone else logs into the guest account.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom