cooling a Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.67GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
well water cooling would be the best but for a good solid liquid cooling system you will pay around 250 bucks. but then you can also keep you video card cool when OC'ing. well for fan cooling yo could go with a zalman9500 cpu cooler. it is about 55 bucks I think.

what ever fits your budget.

another thing with liquid cooling is if you have little experience with pc stuff you run a greater risk of water leaks or improper operation of the cooling system.

Conroes run very cool, you'd get great OC performance from something like a thermaltake orb or one of those Zalman coolers. And stock coolers would work for normal usage.

I would suggest getting the tuniq tower with 2 120mm fans on it, if you're going to oc and you're going to cold temps.

Can any S775 cooler be used on C2D mobos, or have they changed the retaining clips or something, like when AMD moved over from S939 to AM2?

magouster said:
Can any S775 cooler be used on C2D mobos, or have they changed the retaining clips or something, like when AMD moved over from S939 to AM2?
AFAIK any S775 HSF will work....

Ridlyn said:
I would suggest getting the tuniq tower with 2 120mm fans on it, if you're going to oc and you're going to cold temps.

Thats what Anandtech used and they got 4.1ghz out of the E6400.

I'd suggest going with the E6600.. cheaper.. and the only difference is clock speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom