Tell me what you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
matt2m said:
Yah but still dont tell him to get a Conroe if you dont know what board he has, not many boards will be compatable with conroe some will be in the future with a bios update but thats not a guarantee.
Agreed, but it's still possible.

Ok, I'm gonna stop now. :sigh:

Yea good if you cant get a Conroe. At Viper, look man just becasue its the same socket or even the same chipset dosent mean anything. There are some boards w/ a 975x chipset that dont support Conroe even today. So get your facts straight seriously. Also, why are you making a thread about an AM2 and asking what about COnroe but yet come in here ranting about you NEED to get a Conroe?? That dosnet make any sense at all.

viperman, if i was you i would keep quiet, because its pretty obvious if hes upgrading, that means his mobo is probably not top of the line 975x, so just dont try to start a flame war in which everyone knows except you that you are totally wrong, and you had to makle me get on my acccount in vietnam to type about this random crap, so yea next time listen to the monster techies and dont try to be a nub, and you wont notice an obvious difference inless u multitask, as a 2.8 ghz intel will be suffice for average gaming and such, if you really want to get a dual core and overclock, get the 805 D as that is known for its relatively ease for overclocking and can easily reach 4.0ghz on an aftermarket cooler, and as always double check if your board supports dual core

Intel Pentium 805D

hmm 805D Is relativly cheap and overclock well, but any AMD A64 cpu [especialy the X2 series] would beat it even with just a slight overclock becaues it does less work per cycle, while the AMDs does more work per cycle so they can beat it even on lower clock speed =).

Thats just to highlight some stuff.

Also, NO, The conroe won't fit in any motherboard, they have to be specifically designed for conroe..... ITS TOTALY DIFFRENT THAN THE PENTIUM D SOCKET 775 [LGA T] CPUS!!!!

Last of all, if you have to get a conroe, wait a month.. or two [or abit more, god knows when they'll be avalible in stocks and the good mobos for reasonable price range will be out], and if you can't wait.. get a decent AM2 rig with either x2 3800 cpu or single core [for dirt cheap], end of story.

-Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom