Water Cooling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
Alright, now that i'm getting really deep into the overclocking scene (funny how everyone says they won't! then do..), i've decided i'm going to need to watercool my goodies if i want to achieve really high speeds... so, i guess what i'm going to ask from you people is for suggestions on what to get... or more say, teach me on what to get, because i really don't know...

but i will say, i need help choosing a system for sli, and s939, and if you could find something for a 775 mobo as well, seeing as i'm going to conroe in 2-4 months

any help would be greatly appreciated

as for a budget... lets say, 120-300 dollars.. willing to part out for more if necessary.. its not really something i'd want all at one time.. i'm patient.. well not really, but in this situation i would be

if you're really interested in learning not that many people can help you here. i hear that they can definitely help you at xtremesystems but i've never really hung out there before. i suggest perhaps signing up to one of my favourite sites, overclockers.com.au. they have a section for "extreme cooling" and believe me you can get some qualified help there. Cathar (the engineer behind Swiftech's Storm series and the white water block) frequents there so they are quite knowledgable :D. basically they will probably tell you to forget buying a "designed for watercooling" pump and perhaps suggest an aquarium pump. you will want 1/2" tubing and a decent waterblock like the Storm.

well Gara has helped out a couple people here with water cooling but go to xtreamsystems.com for more specific help

thanks for the links! i'll be sure to read them in the morning.. from what i'm seeing i think 200 some odd dollars should do me just fine for my needs

Yoad said:
on the DD video guides, the "how to dissamble your w/c" video, he CUTS the pipes... why?? Do you wish to tell me I would need to buy new pipes every time I need to replace water? [Say every 5-6 months...]

wtf? Is there no better, cheaper way to do it?

-Jo

The reason he does that, is the tubes are very tight on the barbs, seperating will make the liquid go everywhere. I don't fancy having to touch liquid that has been going around my PC for a year. Also you should replace the tubes with new water anyway (otherwise there is no point, as the limescale and bacteria will just mix in with the liquid again.)

waah whenever it arrives I better do this thing right on the first try o_O ... I don't got money to replace everything every 4-5 months.... XD

One other question, Ive got couple of AC units [air conditioner] and their compressors are outside drooling Distilled water 24/7, could I grab a bucket, say collet 2 liters of Distilled water from them, add some 90% alcohol to the bucket [like half a cup for 2 liters of distilled water] and use it as a coolant? That would be pretty economical lol, AND its just distilled water I can spill it wherever I want once they are used up [even pour them in my garden]
Question is if it will work good, or will I have milky/couldy water problems? Also I dont want to add it any dye or antifreeze additives because frankly im totaly out of money ATM, is it fatal?

Thanks,

-Jo.

You can use distilled water, but you need to replace it the water and tubes often (every 2 months IIRC.) Also you will still have to buy some anti algae and water wetter (it smells like rotting fish, I almost was about to be sick from it!)

Also to add, you will need to buy new barbs, and anything that corrodes unless you add anti corrosion.

Btw, all this 'stuff' makes the water more conductive. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom