Remote Desktop Restarts PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no worries, you're just trying to help and i'm not always the clearest of speakers.

Hopefully i can get this crap fixed though :(

turns out that ANY change in resolution would result in this error, after i tried to play a few games i figured it out. I just formatted and i'm starting over. It's slowed down by a LOT for some reason though :confused:

trying to connect windows xp home and windows xp pro together seamlessly is really hard, as home has a different set of networking tools to pro, that could be the reasone why the PC restarts while using Remote Desktop, have you tried win VNC? (www.realvnc.com) that is anouther way around the problem......

I just went ahead and formatted the WinXP Pro computer and i'm going to do a reinstall.

I think that part of the problem, was that i had WinXP Home originally installed on it, and i just used the upgrade feature to go to Pro, so it may have caused a few problems.

At anyrate i'm still updating the service back, redownloading spyware/virus programs. It'll be a while before i'm operational on that computer again :(

fair enough!

using the update to get pro is not really adviseable, that could well have caused the problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom