Conroe v X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Conroe machine is your best bet. Since the COnroe makes less heat and has less power consumption you really dont need to worry about a case and PSU until later on. The OCZ is better than the Corsair CrapMS by far and i agree on getting the ATI X1900XT. Even if Intell drops support for ATI it will only be dropping support for Crossfire. Dosent mean you cant stick a nice single card in there.

actualyif he cant affored a good psu or good case and he'll have lack of power and heat dissipation then its just not worth it IMO.

plus, to idiotec, you say its the strongest cpu "out".... out? lol go get one if its out, its out of STOCKS, thats what out it is. you can't get it anywhere.. ZZF allows you to PREORDER it to be shipped at the 7'th of august but lol even then the stock will run out in a split second and 70% of the preorders wont recieve it.

so waiting is another issue, I for example cant wait so im going x2 and im pretty satisfied about what im getting.

-Jo.

I got the wrong term perhaps, I wrote that straight after I woke up...

though I recall confined, other than means closed or limited in space, also means it satisfys my needs, if not then my bad.

-Jo.

hmm.. maybe you mean content? you're pretty content with what you're getting? (although.. "pretty content" sounds kinda funny)

Yoad said:
plus, to idiotec, you say its the strongest cpu "out".... out? lol go get one if its out, its out of STOCKS, thats what out it is. you can't get it anywhere.
Most people can wait for a week for a preorder to ship :rolleyes:

Having to wait a week sure doesn't justify getting second best IMO.

So will my crappy Aspire PSU be able to power and run a Conroe build with a 7900GT/X1900XT and still be stable?

bum said:
If you hate intel (like me) go with AMD.

Another guy said get an ATI card and if you want to do that definitly go AMD, because they bought ATI and intel is going to stop supporting ATI because of it.

Who ever that other guy is, he's flat out wrong. Intel didn't renew ATI's license to make chipsets for Intel CPU's, it has ZERO to do with graphics cards.

idiotec said:
Most people can wait for a week for a preorder to ship :rolleyes:

Having to wait a week sure doesn't justify getting second best IMO.

Lol, go preorder and start praying that YOUR preorder will be proccessed in this year to-come stocks.

Theres probably so many preorders by now that they get a stock-they ship it instantly, repeating in endless cycle, at least till the hype is done, and HP/Dell are fed up too with Conroe's [they devour most of the stocks atm frankly]

I think this will take at least a month, two or three before the stocks become stable as the other CPUs stocks are. AM2 in detail.

-Jo.

Yoad said:
Lol, go preorder and start praying that YOUR preorder will be proccessed in this year to-come stocks.

Theres probably so many preorders by now that they get a stock-they ship it instantly, repeating in endless cycle, at least till the hype is done, and HP/Dell are fed up too with Conroe's [they devour most of the stocks atm frankly]

I think this will take at least a month, two or three before the stocks become stable as the other CPUs stocks are. AM2 in detail.

-Jo.
Year to-come stocks? :confused:

Anyways, like I said, most people are not in a panic to have a new PC TODAY. The current consensus is now that stocks will be at a level to meet demand by the 14th. Some places are already shipping, such as Tiger Direct.

Monarchs site says preorders will ship by the 14th, but some have reported that there chips have already shipped.

If you think it will take three months before people are getting there chips, you're kidding yourself.

Now, I have read your other posts and know that for one reason or another you felt that you could not wait and ordered an X2. My advice is assuming most people are not in a panic, and do have the patience to wait in order to get the better CPU, and there is no question in any reasonable persons minds, that Core 2 Duo is the better CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom