how can i make pc faster on dial up

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you guys are forgetting is the fact that not everybody has the availibility of cable or DSL period. Where i live its SAT or Dial Up period becasue the School District is keeping DSL out. Yes, the SChool District. You cant speed up dial up faster than 56k period so your kinda stuck unless you can upgrade to cable or DSL.

53.3 I thought was the legial limit or something?? That's the most I have ever seen at all... Anyways how is the school doing that?

I dunno, I just have never seen a 56K dial up modem reach above 53.3, I was in florida less than half a mile from a local server and got 53.3, and in atlanta i was getting 53.3 at the best, and some places in lexington kentucky i would get 53.3 when i dialed out from friends houses.

charles_scott said:
I dunno, I just have never seen a 56K dial up modem reach above 53.3, I was in florida less than half a mile from a local server and got 53.3, and in atlanta i was getting 53.3 at the best, and some places in lexington kentucky i would get 53.3 when i dialed out from friends houses.
OH no thats not what i meant lol

i meant why would a school do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom