Air Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey well, the number of fans a case can hold depends on the perticular case. But heres the basic idea of air cooling, you want to keep all of the air moving. so in some cases, 4 fans can do a better job then 20 fans. its all in positioning. the ideal position is intake in the front and exaust in the back to keep steady cool airflow. if you dont have good flow and just a bunch of fans your computer will be really hot.

yeah that is a good point. more is not necessarily better. i once saw a man who literally made an entire case of fans :lol:. he said that he had only done it for the heck of it and that the results produced really were no different than say perhaps 3 or 4 fans other than he had a lower than average temp for his motherboard. you only need enough fans to keep the air circulating effectively

yah thats becuse you cant cool you computer lower than room temp with air cooling.I know what you are talking about that case of fans must of made alot of noise.

uh huh... nice insights... yes i want to add fans on my computer case but it is so old, it doesnt have a fan "slot" on the front, so my only option is to put one on the side then 2 on the back, not including the PSU fan. Any other options or suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom