To All Am2 Users There

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
hi guys who have amd socket am2 on their pcs. I wanna know your feedbacks on socket am2 amd cpus. I am planning to buy myself also. Is it true that there are some memory issues in am2?

Hi 0tz,

In terms of AMD, AM2 is definetly the way to go. Socket 939 can transfer data up to around 7 gigabytes/s, but AM2 on the other hand transfers data up to 11 gigabytes/s! This also depends on the type of memory though. Basically the faster the memory the less overall performance boost you will see from 939 to AM2.

Yes it is true there have been memory problems with the AM2. This is due to poor memory controller coding in the chip itself. So make sure you do your research on whether your memory will be affected or not.

Let me know if this helped.

i just got a computer from monarch recently, ( am2 4200 on an msi mobo) and i havent had any problems with it at all. it seems to be working great.

I too was looking at am2 but not sure about going that direction yet. I checked wikipedia and understood things a bit better but what I'm really interested in is what MSI mobo you got. I've been trying to select a one and have had good luck with MSI. I was thinking of DFI but have decided not to.

Grats on you new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom