My computer "hangs" all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagelred

In Runtime
I don't know what I've done to it or what I've downloaded...but my computer system seems to "hang" all the time now.

No matter what I'm doing, whether opening an application or surfing the net, it seems to just be working in the background, before I do what it asks....

What's happening? Is it processes running in backgrounds? What can I do to fix this? Thanks.....

For the record, I run virus cans, spyware scans, CCleaner, so I seem to do the right mainteance, but something is different with the system lately.....

select start,Run type msconfig go to the right end tab startup.
See if there are any suspect software running at startup.just be carfull not to shut off the wrong programs. Like virus scanner and windows programs.

Yeah, I did that....

You think Zone Alarm might have something to do with it? Maybe I "denied" something access that should have been "allowed"? I don't know.....

What I do when I run into problems like this is remove all programs except windows. And just leave your Virus scanner for last.Unhook from the net and take everything off. And run a Regestry cleaner and a windows cleaner and see if that work's.Then reinstall things back on one at a time and test it.

Then if that dosnt work backup what you need and reinstall windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom