Does my motherboard support high density RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

euchrid

Baseband Member
I need to know whether my motherboard will support high density RAM. I'm using a Biostar I91PL-A7; either the manual doesn't say whether or not it supports high-density RAM (unlikely) or I just don't know enough to be able to work that out.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'd also like to know HOW one works this out - is there a database of motherboards somewhere? Is it extrapolated from one of the other pieces of information about the board?

If you google 'Biostar I91PL-A7' you will find some of the mobo specs. That mobo supports up to 2 GB max if that's what you're looking for. If not, google the mobo and read up on the first few search results that come up.

Yeah, I tried Crucial a while ago, for another concern. It doesn't recognise my motherboard, and seems to think that it's manufactured by Intel. It also only sees two of my three RAM modules, so I don't have a great deal of faith in it.

Have you used CPU-Z? It comes back with a pretty comprehensive system scan, a lot of which I don't understand - perhaps what I'm looking for is hidden away in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom