Help with Gmail POP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
I've been using gmail pop3 for almost 2 years now with gmail and incredimail. I had to manually configure it. ffor the past 30 days or so it just work. I tried different settings, computers, etc

is anybody having problem with gmail pop3? I'm having gmail forward the email to my msn account so I can still retrieve it with incredimail.

what are you settings as of right now? do they look like this below?

POP3 Server Name: localhost (or 127.0.0.1 or your network computer name)
POP3 Server Port: 110 (changable in config)
Incoming server requires authentication: TRUE (check box)
SMTP Server Name: localhost
SMTP Server Port: 25 (changable in config)
Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: TRUE (check box)
E-mail Address: YourGmailAddress@gmail.com
Username: YourGmailAddress@gmail.com
Password: Gmail Password

hmm strange i just signed up for gmail to see what you where talking about and i connect just fine however I customized my smtp server to go through the earthlink server here is the article to show how to configure it which im sure youve seen before but just double check :)

edit: that link is for Outlook 2003 my bad if you want the link for another version just let me know :)

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13278

gmailpop.jpg

gmailpop1.jpg

gmailpop2.jpg

I even change the other number to 587. it had worked for over a year in a half

well I'll be a MF. I added gmail back to incredimail to show you my settings. I'd be dam if it didn't start working. I was just trying this the other day with this computer and this sunday I was trying to configure my daugther's computer.

I got to delete the other douple 496 messages now (they were already imported through msn)

post screenshots of hers mabey it will magicly start working just like urs did lol

I add her account to my computer and it wants to work now. I going to try her computer again.

Edit. no luck

gmail1.jpg

gmail2.jpg

gmail3.jpg

I figure out the problem. gmail and incredimail won't work together on my ip address expect on my computer. I had this problem with 1 aol account too, so incredimail is behind this.

I have reinstall windows on a few people computer. then I'll set up incredimail and gmail back up on their computer.

I'll then get a connect to server has failed. then I go next door and use their same RR internet and the connections will go through.

go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom