Ram????

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDSCOrPiO

Daemon Poster
Can any pc3200 ram be used as dual channel? Im planning to get kingston but it doesnt say anything about dual channel.

To use dual channel, you have to have two pieces of ram that are exactly the same.

ASROCK DUAL SATA2

does this support dual channel

*This motherboard has an agp 8x slot and a pci-e slot, whats the purpose if you cant bridge them.

b1gapl said:
To use dual channel, you have to have two pieces of ram that are exactly the same.

dont listen to this guy. as long as both ram are ddr ram it can be use in dual channel.

I had cosair cas 3 and kingston cas 4 and they worked in dual channel.

The only thing the u want to keep the same is the speed of the of the ram.

about that motherboard, u need to tell us the model number. The name u gave us is like telling u if that ford car that has speakers on it can take E85 fuel.

what if one is kingston pc3200 512mb and the other is generic pc2700 256mb, will it still work since there running at pc2700 and how do you know if its running at dual channel?

I think you can still run them in dual-channel, but the PC3200 will be slowed down to PC2700.

Edit: Sorry, didn't read that properly. No, you can't dual channel two different size sticks. They both have to be the same size. (512 + 512, 1g + 1g etc)

No, you have to have the same speed (pc2700/pc3200 EG: Pc400 or pc333) and I believe they both HAVE to be the same size (both 1gig or both 512) I think on that one.

No you CAN NOT run in dual channel if they are different sticks. END OF DISCUSSION. PERIOD. Quit lying to ppl, its pathetic. You have to have ram that is marked for Dual Channel or ram that has the same #s basicaly in the serial #. They have to be almost completely identical. You cannot run Corsair and Kingston ram in Dual Channel, it is just NOT possible.

P.P. Mguire said:
No you CAN NOT run in dual channel if they are different sticks. END OF DISCUSSION. PERIOD. Quit lying to ppl, its pathetic. You have to have ram that is marked for Dual Channel or ram that has the same #s basicaly in the serial #. They have to be almost completely identical. You cannot run Corsair and Kingston ram in Dual Channel, it is just NOT possible.

what are u talking about? dual channel is not the ram is the motherboard. I installed a cosair cas3 ram and a kingston cas4 and cpuz siad dual channel. my motherboard said 128 bits instead of 64 bits. My motherboard says that to work in dual channel u need sticks of the same capacity. It doesn't say u need dual channel ram or identical sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom