blocking site

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
hey my sister loves to download music illegaly and every time i uninstall limewire from her computer she just re installs it no matter what i say now i wouldnt mind like 1-3 songs every month which is about how much i download but she is downloading just to download any song that comes to her mind she downloads not to mention she doesnt know that the files under 800 kb are viruses she just looks at the name and downloads them is there a way i can block her from getting to limewire.com without her knowing she is being blocked from the site.

Well, she's going to notice when she can't get to it. But, that's beside the point I guess.

Assuming you have a router you can block the site from there. Or just add it to the restricted sites in IE. Tools => Internet Options => Security => Restricted sites.

i got it thanx she has zone alarm so i just blocked every process having to to with limewire now it just gives errors that the file can not be opened and i hid zonealarm in the taskbar because she isnt the most computer litterate person so that should keep her at bay :) thanx tho.

why dont u just give her a limited account, delete all the shortcuts she dont need and be done with it.....

192.168.*.*

Edit : thanx eric the router idea worked out great netgear has a nice blocking tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom