Which Monitor Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtpacygax

Banned
Hi,

I have a moniter with DVI and VGA(i think that is what it's called). Also I have a video card with DVI and VGA. Now I need to know which one is better? What is the difference between the two? Which one would you use.

Thanks,
Ted

DVI is digital and VGA is analog, I guess DVI is a little better, although I don't see a difference in quality. I read DVI was designed to maximize the signal for LCDs.

xtpacygax said:
Thanks, I guess I will go with DVI which is the white one right?

Yes, DVI is the white one (and has a wierd pinout :confused: )

It is the newest one, so if you have the choice of what cable to buy, defiantly buy that one. Although the VGA will work fine to run it (i've never used DVI before, so i don't know the difference in quality).

I have compared the connections, they are seemless (to the human eye).

The only way they would not be and the only way that Analog and Digital should make it into the discussion is if there is any attenuation or degredation of the analog signal (it being sent over large distances) which could distort the information being transmitted. Due to the fact that Analog monitors/cables are rarely over nine feet from one another or from the computer and are shielded there is little to no chance for the attenuation of the signal to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom