Restoring XP from a backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbaGump69

Baseband Member
Ok when I built this computer a couple of years ago I put XP on a 6 gb partition. Well I need more space. I have an 80 set up as a slave that I have backup all the files to. I used Driveimage XML. So can someone tell me how to use the new drive. I want to be able to boot from it. Then I can just delete everything off the old drive. Please be specific. Thanks......:D

You first need to move the data off the 80GB HD because once you image the drive it will go bye bye..but your image would be installed on the new drive :)

back your data up. make two partitions with partition magic. make 1 20 gig and the other 60. use the second one as your data storer. boot from your drive image cd and copy the the partiton of the 6 gig to the first partition of the second drive. pick the automatically re size to fit option

Ok I have already copy the image from the 6 gb partition to the 80 gb. How do I make the new drive bootable? Thanks....

just swap the drive and take the 6 gig out. if it don't boot, run a windows repair. I only had 1 instance where it didn't boot (out of 20-30 times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom