tv tuner for starchoice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, all you would do is use a regular tuner card, but you'd have to use the receiver to change the channels and anything else you'd do with your receiver. you probably won't be able to set up a tivo type function since its not the tuner card that changes the channels, its the receiver. but just for regular recording, a regular tuner card will work.

i've seen some tuner card for digital satellite/cable... but i have no idea how they work.. not sure how they go about descrembling signals... doesn't look to be illegal or anything.. maybe someone with more experience can tell us?

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/prods_digital.html

well i just figured out what those are.. those are for free-to-air satellite.. so no descrambling required.. just the deciphering of the digital image...

free to air technically isn't illegal here in canada but up until a month ago it was just like having a wide open bell or dishnet satalite but guess what there are only 2 channels right now that are not scrambled. So is it legal?? Here's the site for all the fixes
http://www.f2atv.com/

free to air is legal.. but you mainly only get ethnic channels and christian channels and shopping channels.. hehe..

its free and legal. there are like 70 channels.. most of them other languages... so its probably of no interest to you.

aliasaid said:
free to air is legal.. but you mainly only get ethnic channels and christian channels and shopping channels.. hehe..

its free and legal. there are like 70 channels.. most of them other languages... so its probably of no interest to you.

I didn't really say what I wanted very clearly did I, OK fta is legal but people download ISO files and install them into the reciever to make them clones for the big dish company's and they are smart boxes that are basically Pc's (kind of) and with the new ISO's they were wide open for a long time and typical zapping didn't affect them because they would just re-descramble the signal by them self's. But they are starting to become popular and the dish companys are cracking down. Sorry I got off topic here.

how do those media center computers get their signal don't they use satilite too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom