Conroe Mobos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacooler

Baseband Member
Are there any QUALITY Intel Conroe boards out there for a reasonable price?

The current MOBO situation for these new chips is making me lean toward an X2 5000+.

are you talking, Intel board for the conroe chip, or any brand motherboard for the conroe chip? cuz personally i dont like intel boards so i would say there never have been a good intel board. otherwise, pretty much all the major brands have a conroe board,Asus, DFI, MSI and so on.

they do use that, but not the same chipset, the old 775 chipset was like 925x and 915 and i think some 865s in there to i beleive, but the conroes only work on 965 chipset and above if im not mistaken so you need a new mobo.

It is socket 775 but with only certain chipsets. 975x 955x 945g 945p 945gt only as of now but nvidia is working on theirs

The only boards I could find over at newegg (that had decent reviews) were $200-$300.

Am I missing something?

There is an ECS board out that is cheaper adn I believe that the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 is conroe compatible, it retails on NE for 149. Also, the DS4 is coming out soon, as well as a slew of other motherboards, Id give it till the first week (7-10th) of August, then get ****ed off...

no you need to wait longer for the new motherboards to come out. as time goes on more mobos will be released in all diffrent price ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom