looking to build a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillar

Baseband Member
i dont really know much about this, but ive been searching on the net and i found this site. so i figure this would be a great place to gain some knowledge. I want to build it for gaming. should i start with a barebones kit? or just from scratch?

Your project will take some research. Bear in mind that computer technology doubles every 18 months, so trying to keep up is like "spooning against the tide".

Decide how much money you want to spend, then break it down into catagories

CPU
Motherboard
Processor
RAM
etc...

I would say start from scratch as you will have more flexability when it comes to upgrades. Just make sure that all your components are compatible. If you are uncertain, simply post them on this site requesting feeback and you will get it.

Consider thermal management. The Case is important for good airflow. Make sure that there is an intake in the front and one in the back, 120mm is cooler, but louder. If you can get a Case that has a blowhole.

Start compiling a list and the toss it our way if you need feedback.

money is not a big factor cause i will build it as my income allows. i just want to buy piece by piece and build. i dont want the BEST, just enough to play any game very well. so what case would you suggest? do you know a site that has some?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom