Problem installing programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hagoojw

Beta member
When i try to install large programs i keep getting scratched disc errors I know its not the cds cause the same cds work on my laptop and other computers and they aren't scratched at all.

so far i have tried replacing the CD rom with 2 different CD roms i had laying around (both of which work in the other computers they are in) and i have replaced the cables connecting the cd-rom to the motherboard.

then i decided it must be my HD so i went out and bought a new sata WD HD i plugged it in same error. tried all three cd roms nothing worked.

then i bought a new MOBO thinking my IDE for my cd-rom was bad i put it in got excited when i got past the first CD of wow and then on cd 2 same error.

basically the only thing left on my computer that is original is the CPU, PSU, and my 1 gig stick of Kingston ram and my video card (i have tried other video cards).

anyone ever heard of anything like this? what should i waste my money on next i almost have a new PC?

Is there a reason you never tried repairing the OS?

I don't see how this error would make someone replace almost all their hardware...

i installed windows first thing and after i bought a new HD this isn't the problem i have done it at least a dozen times.

i am currently on my Laptop at work i will in a few hours

basically it says damaged cd or my HD has errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom