how can i make pc faster on dial up

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookerpc

Solid State Member
i just got a new compaq presario 1800 nx 512 ram 100gig mt question is how can i make it a little faster is this possible ive got tons of space so i know i dont need to delete anything so is there anything i can do besides using an web page accelator

as above, and yes there is one or 2 softwares to speed up dial up but whats the point when broadband is so cheap nowadays!? just upgrade your internet thats the only way you will see a real improvement

well there is most likely a reason for this. probalby just like mine. I live right off of a major higway with dsl and cable options, but becuase there are only like 9 people on my road they refuse to give us any highspeed options available what so ever.

SO I am stuck with sattelite. Ya 60 buck a month and you cant play any games online. :(

Hello,

I agree with the shifting to broadband idea. It's the only way really.

Besides, it doesn't matter if you have a lot of hard drive space or not...it won't make a difference to the speed of your Internet connection (unless that is, you have malware or active programs on your machine that is eating into your bandwidth).

lancec2c30 said:
well there is most likely a reason for this. probalby just like mine. I live right off of a major higway with dsl and cable options, but becuase there are only like 9 people on my road they refuse to give us any highspeed options available what so ever.

SO I am stuck with sattelite. Ya 60 buck a month and you cant play any games online. :(

dont sweat it lol, online games suck anyways ;)

If bellsouth owns the local phone lines give them a call every day and ask about DSL, they will eventually give you the option if there's enough people out there. Like here they recently ran enough phone lines for all the new houses poping up and there putting new stuff in up the road that can support DSL if they plug something into it, can't remember what the repair guy said (they cut into our line that wasn't marked) But he said that they are doing 3 large areas a year here till the entire area is covered and if I keep calling they may bring it out here before winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom