computer retailers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Eyes

Beta member
In a few months im going to be buying a prebuilt laptop. should i buy from cheap 3rd party retailers like ibuypower or cyberpower because the're cheap or stick with dell because they offer better quality?

WHAT!!??

Good quality?! Dell has been HORRIBLE for quality since day 1. They've been having numerous problems with their laptops overheating and even exploding.

The customer service is ok, with so many peopel wait time can be an issue, and as always, the repersentative could be good, or total crap. They will however fix/replace something as long as its under warranty. after that your SOL. The parts they use for repairs are refurb btw.

I would rather go with iBuyPower over Dell. Well, Maybe Id get an HP. But I wouldnt get a Dell.

(I think that ibuypower adn cyberpowerinc are the same company, not sure tho)

Dell customer service is ummm.... whats the word I'm looking for.....oh yeah: foreign.

There english is ok and stuff but if your off warranty you truely are SOL cuz they'll go psycho indian on you.

I've heard about ibuypower computers coming late or disassembled... So if i go with a 3rd party retailer should i go with ibuypower or is there a better solution?

hmm I would go with ibuypower. I will be buying one of there laptops as soon as directx10 comes out for laptops.

gaming mostly, but I dont use my computer for many fps. I play games like Civ 4, and RTS games, but I would like a quality laptop for fps.

Umm... why not get a desktop? Is there a decent reason you want a laptop? Example: You like to take your computer with you everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom