Im confused, No clue whats wrong!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanP

Baseband Member
Hi,

Been having problems with my computer recently, it kept turning its self off, thought it may be due to the heat, but most of them time it hard been working fine, then i was working on my comp the other day and the screen started shutting its self off and comming back on like flickering affect. So i turned it off, when i turned it back on it wouldnt boot past post was getting continus beeps so looked on the net and found that when this happens to award bios means memory error, so took it apart took both bits of ram out then put one in hey presto it worked so shut the computer down, closed the case up....turned back on and nothing now no beeps and to be honest it sounds like the psu is struggling to power it, sounds like a chugging sound.

So what do poeple think it could be:

I would say psu but it has been booting it
It could also be graphics card
and also it could be the motherboard.

P.s. i've taking all the cards out and put them back on, i've also cleared the bios via the jumper.

Im out of ideas now...needs to be fixed pronto

Motherboard is a MSI KM4M-L
CPU AMD Athlon

Well i've swapped the PSU and nothing, also test the graphics card and the hard-drive, so it comes down to two things not RAM Or motherboard!

Well the following have been checked and are in working order:

>PSU
>RAM
>Processor
>Hard-Drive
>Graphics Card

So i've come to the conclusion it the motherboard must have decided to die, errrmmmm...Possible reason heat.

So now i need a new mobo with socket A that supports 184Pin Ram cant remember what off the top of my head...any suggestions im running im gonna run my old processor 1.2 Ghz athlon, thinking of the Asus they only do one with socket A in the UK, also gotta be Micro ATX

Google CPU-Z, and download it. You can find out all the needed information (minus GPU type) there to find yourself a new motherboard.

To find GPU type, Start>Run type "dxdiag." Click on the "Display" tab, and under "Chip Type:" it should tell you the interface.

BTW, the PSU may work fine, but could be too weak to power everything.

I took the PSU out and mut it into a more powerfull machine and it runs it fine, so i know the PSU works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom